Wyndham Grand Residences Riviera Maya We are already in the news

According to the REPORTUR , Wyndham Hotels & Resorts did not stop opening hotels in the midst of the pandemic and Mexico has not been the exception. Of the 19 establishments open in Latin America, four correspond to the Aztec country: Ramada Acapulco, Cozumel Hotel & Resort Trademark Collection by Wyndham, Wyndham Puebla Angelópolis and Ramada Encore by Wyndham Monterrey Apodaca Airport Zone.

Today in Mexico, the group has a presence in 34 cities with 58 hotels of 12 different brands, however, it has scheduled the openings of 10 hotels between 2021 and 2022, in seven different cities, with which it will be increasing its portfolio 1,349 more rooms.

As we had already anticipated in REPORTUR.mx, next year it will welcome two new brands: Wyndham Grand and Esplendor, with the Wyndham Grand Mexico City hotels; Wyndham Grand Riviera Maya Mayakaan Resort; Esplendor by Wyndham Tulum and Esplendor by Wyndham La Condesa.

Eduardo Cruz del Río, Wyndham’s Vice President of Operations for Latin America and the Caribbean pointed out that the company maintains approximately 9,000 properties in 90 countries, and in Latin America and the Caribbean (LATAMC), it is present in 24 countries with 224 hotels and more than 30,000 rooms. under 15 different brands.

The executive highlighted that, as of today, more than 97 percent of the hotels under the Wyndham Hotels & Resorts brands worldwide are open and in Mexico, 53 out of 58 properties are already welcoming their guests.

He pointed out that about 70 percent of reservations at Wyndham Hotels are oriented to leisure and the other 30 percent come from business trips, however, in the last months of the year, there was an increase in market share driven by road trips on weekends. In this sense, -he said-, La Quinta represented the brand with the best performance, as it benefited from the trends of improvement in the demand for business and leisure trips.

When talking about the occupancy that hotels have registered, he said that, in Mexico, the hotel occupancy reported in the third quarter of 2020 presented an increase of 21.6 percent, compared to the previous period when it showed an increase of 6.9 percent. In its monthly comparison, from August to October, it reported a growth of 30.6 percent.

He also noted that room openings increased 33 percent in the third quarter, as 21 percent more rooms were opened in the United States and 106 percent more rooms internationally in the third quarter. In addition, the international portfolio increased 2 percent sequentially to more than 118,000 rooms and grew 12 percent over the previous year.

“The pandemic brought important areas of opportunity to improve the quality of our services and fully guarantee the safety of our guests. Our hotels are investing around 25 percent of revenues in the implementation of improvements in hygiene and sanitation protocols, as well as the acquisition of technology that fully guarantees the peace of mind of guests, which shows why Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is a leader globally and is at the forefront of user preferences, “said Vice President of Operations.

Regarding the reinforcement of health and hygiene protocols, he pointed out that Wyndham Hotels & Resorts launched a long-term initiative called Count on Us or Count on Us to generate trust among guests, by further improving the health and safety protocols already established by the company, which includes the constant use of high-end disinfectants, the introduction of new and solid guidelines and the training of collaborators. In addition, all staff use alcohol-based face masks, gloves, and hand sanitizers, among other products.


Mayakaan Residences Riviera Maya by Wyndham Grand

Related Posts

Request promotion

    Open chat
    💬Do you need help?
    Hello 👋. How can I help you?